Klamath-Trinity Joint Unified School District

11800 State Highway 96
Hoopa, CA 95546
530.625.5600 Phone
530.625.5611 Fax

Substitute Teaching

Teaching Credential

Substitute teacher positions require a current California Teaching Credential. If you do not possess a California Credential, the minimum requirement is an Emergency 30-day Substitute Permit. The term on this credential is one year. The 30 days relates to the length of time in any one classroom. It is designed for day-to-day substitute teaching, not long-term positions.

30-Day Substitute Credential Requirements

  • Baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
  • Passage of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)

For more information, contact the Humboldt County Office of Education Personnel Department at 707.445.7039 or visit the Commission on Teacher Credentialing web site at ctc.ca.gov.